Learn practical strategies to improve the impact of your infographics and drive traffic to your website.
If you work with data, this hands-on masterclass with data visualisation expert Andy Pemberton will help you to improve the quality and impact of your infographics. Over the course of the day, you’ll learn advanced data visualisation techniques and take part in practical exercises to put what you learned into practice. Drawing upon examples of cutting-edge data visualisations and storytelling projects, Andy will offer expert advice on how you can use infographics to drive more traffic to your website and get real results for your business.
- Using design tools to create persuasive data visualisations
- How to optimise your content for the web and social media
- Knowing when to use adaptive design and responsive formats
- The importance of relevance, timeliness, exclusivity and emotion in online and offline content
- Best practice for data visualisation – and examples of cutting-edge case studies that got results
- Practical exercises on pen and paper – create your own infographic using data you’ve brought to the session
- Opportunities for feedback on work carried out during the class
Please note this is an advanced level class. It’s suitable for people who already work with data and want to improve their visualisations, or those who want to get a better response to their content on the web and social media.
What to bring
- You should bring your own laptop and charger to the class – no computers will be provided on the day
- Please also bring along some data, which you’ll use during practical exercises. Pens and paper will be provided
Andy Pemberton is a leading data visualisation and content expert, who has worked with the United Nations, Cisco, Aviva and many other international brands. He’s currently working on a book, website and set of infographics called What’s Next for Banks. He tweets @andypemberton.
Save This Event
When & Where
Welcome to Guardian masterclasses – a unique programme of learning embedded within one of the world's most forward-thinking media organisations.
Masterclasses offer a broad range of short and long courses across a variety of disciplines from creative writing, journalism, photography and design, film and digital media, music and cultural appreciation.
Harnessing the expertise and specialisms within the organisation, our courses are led by first class and award winning guardian professionals whilst also drawing on the skills and expertise of other leading figures at the forefront of the creative and digital industries.
The programme is aimed at anyone interested in personal or professional development whether that be refining your skills, focusing your ambition or simply broadening your mind and gaining inspiration.