The Africa Business Angel Forum (ABAF) brings together some of the most influential investors and entrepreneurs that are servicing Africa and looking to widen their circles. It is hosted by NewGenAngels, a private members investment club focused on Africa based in London. We also have a wealth of industry leaders and influencers giving us their insights into the rapidly growing African business ecosystem.
This forum is the premier gathering of the angel capital community that is exclusively focused on exploring investment opportunities in Africa. The ABAF events in March and September last year saw four of the five companies that pitched secure funding ranging from $250k-$1.2m.
Max Bayen of GSMA noted the main takeaways from September's forum:
- Key next step to further stimulate the African investment market is for the local angel investment to grow in the coming years
- African start-ups capitalising on the rise of mobile technology
The forum concluded with a fireside chat between Mr Rotimi of BTVA Media Limited and Akosua Annobil of AB2020.
Highlights from 2016
- The early stage funding landscape in Africa
- The role of the diaspora in investing in African high growth companies
- Creating a global fashion brand
- Corporate venture capital in Africa
- The Media landscape in Africa
- Investing in Ethiopia/East Africa
- The opportunity of cloud computing in Africa and many more
- Ashley Lewis - Ongeza fund
- Bobby Console-Verma - Tower Gate Capital
- Maxime Bayen - GSMA
- Kenechi Okeleke - GSMA
- Rotimi Pedro - BTVA/Optima
- Dr Ponmille Osibo - AVCA
- Akosua Annobil - AB2020
- Paul Vincent Cable - EnSo Impact
- Mark Stephenson - Sandstorm
- Tony Ballu - UK Ghana Chamber of Commerce
- Yaron Cohen - Co-Founder Viktoria Ventures among others
Learn more about these events which were attended by people from over 20 countries here OR watch the highlights here
Format for March 2017
Talks and fireside chats
Key industry speakers (to be announced shortly) will share their knowledge on this year's theme of "Catalysing Investments Beyond Seed Stage" imparting know-how and proven success through case studies and insightful presentations.
Live pitch session
A selection of scale-up companies, selected from a variety of different industries will pitch live to a panel of potential investors.
African Technology Foundation's UK Movie Premiere
We are proud to have secured the rights to premiere "Venture: An Entrepreneur's Journey" a documentary that welcomes viewers into the entrepreneurial journey of a group of African entrepreneurs. The documentary begins at President Obama’s 2015 Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), hosted in Nairobi, Kenya and follows the stories of four African entrepreneurs, the winners from DEMO Africa 2015, from the continent to Silicon Valley. Watch trailer here.
Gala Investment Dinner
The day will conclude with a special three course gala dinner for entrepreneurs to connect with world-class investors and high net worth individuals.
NewGenAngels will bring together Founders and Investors in a series of exclusive networking experiences, on the day's either side of the forum.
Headline exposure in the run up, during and after the event. Benefits will be shared proportionally:
- The prominent display of your logo on all press releases, printed material and digital marketing company profiling on the ABAF and NewGenAngels websites
- Company profile in the event program
- Branded materials and banner displays at the event
- VIP passes for 2 guests
- The right to publicise your support of the event through your marketing channels
- One year membership to NewGenAngels, including access to bespoke investment advice
For further information, please contact:
Sean Ndiho Obedih | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)7999907061 | Twitter @ABAngelsForum
Available before, during and after our events, we have partnered with AlmasiConcierge Limited who are proud to offer a luxury service concierge committed to meeting the needs of affluent individuals and corporate executives. AlmasiConcierge provides an outstanding, discreet and comprehensive service in London, the USA and EMEA. The team at Almasi pride themselves in going over and above the call of duty to meet your needs in a fast and thorough way. Almasi staff are hand-picked for their diverse knowledge and enthusiasm and are trained in catering to their clients with the utmost degree of professionalism and skill.
Versatility to Match Your Own!
Regardless of the pace of your lifestyle, we are prepared at a moment’s notice to be ready to assist with any task. Email: email@example.com or Info@newgenangels.com to learn more about our exclusive services.