Actions and Detail Panel
Agents and distributors masterclass - Liverpool
Wed 26 April 2017, 09:00 – 11:30 BST
The use of agents and distributors to enter international markets is common. But is it the best method for you? And if it is, how can you build and manage a network of these trade multipliers?
This interactive masterclass, delivered by Tony Brown, International Trade Adviser, will provide background theory and practical advice in this business critical area.
The topics covered will include:
- The difference between agents and distributors
- Other possible routes to market
- How to find the right agents and distributors for your business
- What to consider before appointment – what are the predictors for success?
- What should be included in an agreement?
- How do you set targets?
- How do you manage your network and motivate them?
- Terminating an agreement without getting sued.
Companies are encouraged to bring along existing agreements and problems for group discussion. There will also be the opportunity to meet on a one-to-one basis with Tony.