AGI Asset Management Special Interest Group
Seminar Theme: Water Sector
This event is intended to hear from industry practitioners of asset management-GIS integration to share best practices & lessons learnt; to discuss growing trends and emergent solutions in geospatial for asset management. Although this event is focued on the Water Sector, it is intended to act as a cross discipline network (such as Utilities, Rail, Highways and Infrastructure) as there are very common issues across the asset management industries.
Topical themes we are interested in are operational awareness, maintenance planning, logistics, improving operational efficiencies, facility management and works management.
If you have any more topics you think we should focus on in future events, please let us know here.
Arup, 63 St Thomas Street, Bristol, BS1 6JZ >Directions Map (.PDF)
14:30 Welcome, introduction to speakers and this group
14:40 Presentation 1 – Luke Cooper (ARUP/DCWW) - “Asset Management Problems and Solutions for Wastewater”
15:05 Presentation 2 – Andy Pennington (SWW)
16:00 Presentation 3 – Andy Nicholson (Wessex Water)
16:25 Presentation 4 – Oliver Pritchard (Cranfield University) - “The impact of soils and changing environment on buried water infrastructure”
16:50 Presentation 5 – AECOM
17:15 Closing Remarks
17:30 - Networking GeoDrinks in nearby bar
Thsi is a FREE EVENT, but please sign-up for this event ABOVE. Sign-up for this group generally here
MORE ABOUT THIS GROUP IN GENERAL
What is this group about?
There is a growing trend towards leveraging Location Information and map visualisation for Physical Asset Management activities including; operational awareness, maintenance planning, logistics, improving operational efficiencies, facility management and works management.
Remember: “Everything Happens Somewhere”.
This cross-sector group focuses on 'Geo-Enabling Asset Management' with GIS, wider Geospatial solutions and the emerging Location Analytics solutions. This group covers the following areas:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Asset Management and Utilities
- GIS for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- GIS for Asset Management Systems (AMS)
- Surveys and geomatics for asset data capture/measurement
- Work planning and ‘work order’ management
- Asset data collection and management
- Location Intelligence - near-real time decision-making and operational dashboards
- Schematics, Linear Referencing Systems (LRS) and network modelling
- Mobility - mobile GIS for asset management
- Geospatial Convergence: Survey/CAD/GIS data integration
- Business Process Management (BPM) for asset management
- Asset tracking, Smart Assets and Sensor Web Enablement (SWE)
- Business Location Analysis and Geospatial BI
Industries / Sectors Covered
- Energy and Utilities
- Transportation operations / maintenance: Rail, Highways, Air, Sea
- Local Authorities and Central Government e.g. street furniture and facilities
- Facility and property Asset Management
- Public Safety asset management
- Transportation Logistics
- Oil and Gas asset management
- IT asset management
When & Where
Association for Geographic Information (AGI)
The AGI is The UK Geospatial Membership Body
The AGI exists to represent the interests of the UK's geographic information (GI) industry; a wide-ranging group of public and private sector organisations, suppliers of GI software, hardware, data and services, consultants, academics and interested individuals.