The course has a few aims:
- provide attendees with the underpinning fundamentals of movement in a sports wheelchair to enable them to support athletes/pupils and make lessons/activity sessions more inclusive
- help the education and sports sector incorporate wheelchair users into PE lessons and sports and physical activity sessions
- support teachers, coaches, volunteers to have more confidence when working with wheelchair users and support them in coaching all aspects of a particular skill and improving efficiency of movement
The workshop combines both theory and practical elements and includes:
- What is a sports wheelchair?
- Chair fittings
- Knowledge of wheelchair setup and understand of maintenance required
- Basic fundamental sport wheelchair movement skills (Agility, Balance, Co-ordination)
- Example Skill Drills
REFUNDS: A full refund will be provided for course booking cancellations received at least 1 week (5 full working days) before the course start date. Unfortunately, cancellations received after this date cannot be refunded. Bookings made within a week (5 full working days) of the course start date also are ineligible for refunds if cancelled.
TRANSFERS: A transfer to an alternative date is available if requested at least 1 week (5 full working days) before the date of the course. Requests to transfer after this date will not be accepted.