Actions and Detail Panel
AGM and Free Talk by Alban Denton - St Andrews Business Club
Wed 5 April 2017, 17:00 – 19:30 BST
St Andrews Business Club – April 5 2017 – AGM followed by speaker & free networking open to all
Date: Wednesday April 5 2017
Venue: The New Golf Club, St Andrews
- 5pm: Networking + Sandwiches, hot & cold drinks (Members-only)
- 5.30pm: AGM (Members-only)
- 6.20pm: Non-members arrival
- 6.30pm: Speaker + Q&A – Open to all
- 7pm: [Approx] – Networking, sandwiches and drinks – Open to all
St Andrews Business Club is delighted to welcome non-members to its AGM evening in order to hear the guest speaker, Alban Denton, Managing Director of Loch Duart Ltd, as well as enjoy free networking and food. Non-members should arrive 6.20pm for 6.30pm start.
Loch Duart Ltd is one of the world’s leading producers of premium fresh Scottish salmon. Alban is also Non-Executive Director of Suttons Group, the international transport and logistics group.
A graduate in Agricultural and Food Marketing and an MBA, he has delivered profit growth and restructuring as well as organisational and cultural change in a variety of food manufacturing and agricultural businesses over more than 26 years – from Kettle Produce and Grampian Country Food Group to Warburtons and Loch Duart Ltd. He also has retail experience in both store operations and buying with Marks and Spencer having started his career managing the brand’s flagship Food Hall at the Marble Arch store.
Among his most significant achievements have been:
- Launching a range of category-defining value-added prepared vegetables to UK supermarkets
- Responsibility for the launch and commercial success of M&S’s original Organic Produce range
- Doubling the size and turnover of M&S’s largest Food Hall
- Delivering flat distribution and manufacturing costs over a three-year period through continuous improvement, employee engagement and organisational and asset restructuring
- Leading National Agreement pay reviews with unions which were self-funding through the introduction of flexible working practices
- Transforming the logistics and manufacturing operations at Warburtons to make them customer-focussed
- Delivering the manufacturing and distribution capability for the launch of Thins, one of the UK’s most successful product launches – achieving sales of 1.5m packs a week in 18 months
Alban will give a brief overview of one of the world’s premier salmon farms and share some highlights from the rest of his distinguished business career.
Book a FREE place by 12:00 Monday April 3.
Venue location and parking
The New Golf Club is at 3-5 Gibson Place, St Andrews, KY16 9JE. For directions, it is here in Google Street View - https://goo.gl/maps/udhL4SdD2KS2
There is car parking on the streets around the New Club. If you can’t get somewhere just outside, there are two large car parks nearby:
- Petheram Bridge Free Car Park, St Andrews, KY16 9SG. Google Maps - https://goo.gl/maps/3BtfNrqYcw32
- Bruce Embankment Car Park, St Andrews, KY16 9AB. Google Maps - https://goo.gl/maps/a1P1dsPLEz12