Actions and Detail Panel
AHDB Beef & Lamb Stakeholder Seminar
Thu 8 December 2016, 09:30 – 16:00 GMT
On-line registration for this event will close at 5pm, Tues 6 December.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or ring: 024 7647 8772 to enquire about late availability.
Opportunities for beef and lamb in a post-Brexit landscape will be addressed at the 2016 AHDB Beef & Lamb Stakeholder Seminar.
The event, which is aimed at stakeholders and industry partners, will feature headline speakers including Paul Clayton from the US Meat Export Federation (USMEF), discussing the opportunities for UK beef and lamb on the American market, and David Wagstaff from Noble Foods, who will focus on the importance of innovation and creating a successful brand.
Gwyn Jones, chair of Responsible Use of Medicines in Agriculture (RUMA, will speak about the challenges presented by anti-microbial resistance (AMR) and there will be presentations from AHDB head of exports Peter Hardwick, looking at post-Brexit options for trade, and sector strategy director Laura Ryan, who will give an overview of the organisation’s strategic direction for the next three years.
0930 Registration and breakfast refreshments
1030 Welcome and Introduction from the Chair, Adam Quinney, Chairman of AHDB Beef & Lamb
- Peter Hardwick, AHDB Head of Exports, 'Brexit implications for industry'
- David Wagstaff, President & COO, Noble Foods 'Product differentiation: excellence in marketing'
- Gwyn Jones, RUMA Chairman 'Antimicrobial resistance and the challenge facing the beef and lamb sector’
Panel and Q&A with morning speakers
Conference lunch and AHDB trade and consumer displays
- Phil Hadley, Head of Global Supply Chain Dvt, AHDB Beef & Lamb, 'Meat quality'
- Paul Clayton, Senior VP Exports Service, USA Meat Export Federation, 'US market and opportunities'
- Laura Ryan, Sector Strategy Director, AHDB Beef & Lamb 'AHDB Beef & Lamb Strategy'
Panel and Q&A with afternoon speakers
1600 Chair's summary and close
Tea and coffee will be available for delegates, before departure