For participants to gain the level of knowledge and confidence to be able to undertake a safety culture survey and support the integration of the findings at their host organisations within 6 months of completing the programme.
What will attendees learn at this event / workshop?
- Understand the basics of safety culture theory and the impact on safety in their organisation
- Be critically aware of the major tools available to assess safety culture
- Able to explain the basic principles and methodology of the AHRQ safety culture tool
- Practically devise a trust engagement and communications plan
- Appropriately select sample size
- Be able to support others to understand and complete the survey
- Feel confident in interpreting survey results to understand strengths and areas for improvement
- Be able to facilitate semi structured discussion groups to support group lead
- Be able to identify the cultural impact when planning and evaluating patient safety initiatives and interventions
This is a half day event to and lunch is included in the day.
Casual dress. We recommend bringing a sweater or jacket as the meeting room may be cold at times.
The fine print:
This event is free to all AQuA member organisations. If you are unsure if you are a registered member, please click here.
Final event arrangements are confirmed with the venue up to two weeks before the event. In order to ensure that places are not wasted please let us know at your earliest convenience if you are no longer able to attend. Many of our events operate waiting lists so this will enable us to reallocate your place to someone else on the list.
When & Where
Advancing Quality Alliance (AQuA)
The Advancing Quality Alliance (AQuA) is an NHS health and care quality improvement organisation, who are at the forefront of transforming the safety and quality of healthcare.
Our offer for 2017/18 are grouped under the following improvement priorities:
In addition, we also undertake a number of consultancy based projects across the UK with both Health and Care organisations.