Between 1pm and 4pm on Saturday 8th October 2016 we have a golden opportunity to show you what makes a good school stand out. AKS OPEN DAY promises to be a true taste of life at AKS with fun activities, inspirational learning sessions and a friendly introduction to the location, facilities and people who inspire your children every day.
We believe children learn when they are happy, engaged and inspired and our results support our thinking. AKS boasts the leading A level and GCSE results on the Fylde and Wyre, we have claimed numerous national sporting accolades and won many awards for our arts and drama programmes. We don't just say we help every child achieve the best that they can be, we actually do it.
To book an AKS tour guide, to find out more about Open Day, or to visit us any time throughout the year, please contact Liz Wyatt on: 01253 784 104 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL families are welcome to come along to our Open Day, whether you've been at the school for some time, have just started with us or are considering joining us. There is something for everyone - see our website for more details: www.arnoldkeqms.com/ADMISSIONS/AKS-Open-Day
As we will be providing catering at our open day we encourage you to REGISTER for the event through Eventbrite to ensure we accomodate everyone accordingly.
If you can't make our open day, do not worry, you can arrange a tour of AKS anytime throughout the year. Please contact Liz Wyatt on 01253 784100 and book your visit today, we would be delighted to meet you and your family and show you our school.
Below are a few examples of what you can expect to discover and learn at AKS Open Day:
- How to be a forensic scientist with AKS Science
- The skills required to become an Olympic fencer
- How to cook on a stove and put up a tent for your DofE Gold Award
- What it takes to be a change maker with AKS Action
- A virtual tour of the school in MinecraftEdu
- Demonstrating 3D printing of game characters
- What it takes to join the CCF
- How to make your own key rings
- The AKS archives - over 300 years of history, traditions and stories
- About '& Other Stories,' written and performed by our students for the Festival of Stories at Lytham Festival
- Why it is important to sign our Amnesty International Youth Group poster and speak out for refugees
- How buying soap for your favourite teacher supports education for children in Tanzania and Malawi
- How to play our keyboard and percussion instruments in the music rooms and recording studio
- The AKS drone flying over the historic buildings and sports fields
- How to make a bug house and bird feeder with the Green Club and Eco-committee
- Ed's 'Ed Hot Chillies' - a business enterprise... they are hot!
- Take on the AKS Open Day treasure hunt and quiz to win a fantastic prize (watch this space and our social media pages for more information)
AKS OPEN DAY | Start your journey with us
Saturday 8th October between 1pm and 4pm
www.arnoldkeqms.com | or call Mrs Liz Wyatt on 01253 784100