Actions and Detail Panel
Alexander Technique: An 8 week course
Wed, 10 May 2017, 11:00 – Wed, 28 Jun 2017, 12:30 BST
May 10th- June 28th
Who is this course for?
People who are looking for a lasting solution for poor posture, back pain and repetitive strain Injuries. Also people wanting to improve performance, breathing and overall balance, and coordination.
This course is ideal for beginners or people with previous experience wanting to refresh their knowledge in apply Alexander's discoveries in their daily activities.
Structure of course:
Some of the skills you will learn are listed below; along with whatever particular activity or issue you may want to bring to work with.
* Identification of harmful postural habits. * Postural re-education.
* Developing an accurate body map * developing kinaesthetic awareness.
* Understanding and experience the dynamic functional anatomy of breathing.
* Learning human anatomy function and design in relation to movement.
* Gentle restorative movement procedures.
* Conscious constructive release & restorative techniques.
* Learning how to constructively bring the body/mind back into balance.
* Hand outs and assignments.
* This course will include a certificate of continuing professional development which will account for 12 hours.
The course is limited to 10 people, so you will receive individual attention as well as sharing activities and discussions on a variety of related topics with a group of like-minded people -learning and discovering from each other.
Reserve your place as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Nicholas Brandon is an experienced teacher with over 20 yrs experience.