As part of a national day of support planned by the 'Seconary MFL Matters' Facebook group and the Association for Language Learning, the ALL West of England branch is hosting the South-West event at Norton Hill School on Saturday 17th June. Refreshments and lunch are kindly sponsored by Equity, the market leader in school travel.
The event is free to delegates as all speakers and session leaders are giving their time for free. It's sort of half way between a conference and a Show & Tell style event, giving secondary languages teachers plenty of time to discuss issues relating to the new GCSE specifications with other serving practitioners. There will be some conference-style sessions delivered by a speaker, along with a number of round-table sessions for teachers to discuss a particular aspect of the GCSE courses.
All delegates should be prepared to contribute to discussions, along with bringing some examples of exercise books, schemes of work and end of module assessments etc. to share with other teachers. It is very much a 'by teachers, for teachers' event.
- Registration and refreshments from 9:30am (plenty of on-site parking)
- 10:20 to 11:10 - Session 1
- Break, refreshments, stands, networking
- 11:30 to 12:20 - Session 2
- Lunch (provided), stands, networking
- 13:20 to 13:50 - Session 3
- 14:00 to 14:30 - Session 4
- Refreshments, stands, networking, finishing at 3pm
Session leaders confirmed so far are:
- Stuart Glover (AQA)
- Catherine Blythe (Hayesfield School, Bath)
- Camille Abrahams (Worle Community School, Weston-super-Mare)
- Anna Curtis (OUP/Kerboodle)
- Tom Hockaday (Norton Hill School)
Any queries about this event should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org