Actions and Detail Panel
All Weather Tots - 2017
Fri 16 June 2017, 10:00 – 11:30 BST
Outdoor play session at Highway Farm which is ten minutes from Redruth, Cornwall. Fridays, term time only 10am to 11.30. Suitable for children crawling through to starting school.
Yes, it is winter and may be cold and rainy but there'll be a fire and the kettle will be on. Come and play :)
This is a session where you and your child have lots of outside space to explore in all weathers. There's a creative 'starter' each week but no set 'craft' that you have to replicate. This is about free play and creativity, take the lead from your child :) There's tea and coffee on site, feel free to bring children's drinks and snacks.
I'm Niki, my background is early years, children with special needs and Forest School, I also have four grown up children of my own. I have an Outdoor First Aid certificate and a DBS check. I'm passionate about children playing out!
Here are some photos of what we've been up to before
Booking - tickets are sold in 'families' If you have one child and your friend has two you count as a 'Family of Five', if you have one child and Grandma is coming too that's a 'Family of three' - this gets us (slightly) round the Eventbrite fee per ticket. I charge £3.10 per person but Eventbrite do add on a little.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Please bring extra layers and waterproofs, the farm has a micro-climate all of its own
- We run whatever the weather - clue in the title! The only time this may change is if there is a Met Office Weather Warning. In which case please check you email, or Facebook messages before you leave. I will make a decision at least an hour before the session.
- No need to print your tickets out I have a list
- We have a fire if it is cold and some shelter, but no indoor space
- We have a compost loo
- Please wait in the car park and I will come down and pick you up at ten
- Mud is involved - please wear old clothes!
Hope to meet you soon :)
Quotes from parents
'Perfect, I've arranged my job around it'
'I like being outside, the great environment to explore, the balance of freedom and facilitation. And the beverage!'
I am independant of Highway Farm but should you wish to find out more about nursery places, please email the team here - email@example.com