Actions and Detail Panel
All You Need to Know About Noise and Vibration in the Built Environment
Tue 16 May 2017, 08:30 – 10:00 BST
All You Need to Know About Noise and Vibration in the Built Environment in 1 Hour.
Come and enjoy coffee and morning rolls with Xi Engineering as we give you a complete guide on noise and vibration in the construction industry.
Who Should Attend: Structural Engineers, Architects, Construction Site Managers, Environmental Engineers.
The seminar will provide an overview of the application of vibration and acoustic engineering in the built environment. The morning will cover a range of topics which will follow the lifecycle of a construction project from design through to completion and everything in-between.
The topics to be covered are:
- Acoustic material specification
- Structural dynamic modelling
- Environmental Impact & Planning
- Live construction site monitoring
- Noise mapping & acoustic barrier design
- Health & safety for noise and vibration
- Internal building acoustics
- Building & floor dynamics
- Sensitive machinery and isolation design
The morning will end with a Q&A session where we invite guests to ask us questions on the application of acoustic and vibration engineering and any of the topics discussed during the presentation. Xi Engineering Consultants will also be around after the morning has finished for more informal discussion.
8:30 Coffee and morning rolls
9:00 Presentations begin
10:00 Round off & Q&A session
Floor D Codebase
38 Castle Terrace
T: 0131 290 2549