All You Really Need To Know To Start Or Grow A Small Business!
Thursday, 11 September 2014 from 10:00 to 13:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
For all small businesses (no matter how old!), startups, and even for those thinking about starting their own business or becoming self-employed.
A crash course in the 6 pillars of small business/ startup success:
- Designing exceptional services/ products (hardwiring competitive advantage)
- Business modelling (ensuring financial success)
- Building the right delivery team (partnering vs. recruiting; flexible just-in-time resourcing)
- Raising funding (beyond loans: grants, accelerators, crowdfunding, angels...)
- Operational efficiency/ bootstrapping (all the FREE online stuff you should know about)
- Getting your brand out there (social media, networking, thought leadership, etc...)
Delivered by Dr Jonathan Collie, founder of Trading Times, based on his experience as a national service "Design Challenge" winner (Design Council), UnLtd & Nominet Trust grant award winner and startup entrepreneur.
Come join us for 3 hours of fast-paced interactive learning! All slides will be emailed to attendees following the workshop.
Refreshments and brain fuel served.
When & Where
The Age of No Retirement
The Age of No Retirement is a movement for intergenerational social change where people and future-thinking organisations come together to explore, learn and design a future that serves the needs of citizens, workers and consumers of all ages.