Actions and Detail Panel
Allergy training courses for food businesses
Thu 16 February 2017, 14:00 – 17:30 GMT
CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness training course offers
New food allergen regulations are here for food businesses
Every year there are 4,500 hospital admissions and 10 deaths from food allergy. New allergen information rules are here to change the way you give information on 14 allergens, if included in the food you sell.
Kitchen Tonic runs allergy training courses for catering and retail companies.
Book on our public courses (half day course) in London for only £35pp.
Book corporate training from £125pp (at your business venue)
Under the (EU) 1169/2011 Food Information Regulations 2014, food business operators have a legal responsibility to provide complete and correct food allergen information to customers. These regulations apply to all catering and retail businesses that serve or sell loose foods (not pre-packed).
The Food Allergen Awareness course has been designed to help food handlers to:
- understand the impact of food allergy and intolerance
- identify, manage and control the risks associated with food allergens
- apply the principles of practical allergen management to develop good practice in the workplace
- provide allergen information, with confidence.
Who needs this allergen qualification?
Everyone who prepares, serves or sells food in any type of food business needs to:
- be fully aware of the foods that may trigger an allergic reaction and
- know what precautions need to be taken to ensure that customers do not eat a food that they are trying to avoid.
This allergy awareness course is suitable for anyone who owns or works in:
Restaurants and pubs, Coffee Shops and Café's, Schools, care homes, hospitals, Take away outlets, markets, pop ups, Retailers with restaurants and coffee shops, Home production and or selling food on-line, Food transport/logistics, Leisure parks and clubs, Outdoor catering events, film and TV location catering, festivals, banqueting and conferences, Transport Caterers: ice cream vans, catering vans (burgers, pizza, fish and chips etc) trains, flights and cruises within the EU.