Actions and Detail Panel
Alpha Course with The Vine
Thu 14 April 2016, 19:00 – 21:30 BST
Topics Covered on Alpha
The talks are designed to engage guests and inspire conversation. Around thirty minutes long, they can be given as a live talk or played as a video. They explore the big issues around faith and unpack the basics of Christianity, addressing questions such as Who is Jesus? and How can we have faith?
There are usually fifteen talks in total, over about ten weeks, but the length and format can be customized to suit a whole host of different environments, for example in prisons or the armed forces, or for youth and student contexts. These are the topics:
- Life: Is There More to Life Than This?
- Jesus: Who is Jesus?
- Cross: Why did Jesus Die?
- Faith: How Can We Have Faith?
- Prayer: Why and How Do I Pray?
- Word: Why and How Do I Read the Bible?
- Follow: How Does God Guide Us?
- Spirit: Who is the Holy Spirit and What Does He Do?
- Fill: How Can I Be Filled With the Holy Spirit?
- Life: How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?
- Others: Why and How Should I Tell Others?
- Evil: How Can I Resist Evil?
- Healing: Does God Heal Today?
- Church: What About the Church?