Who is the Course Aimed at?
Anyone who wants to learn more about the use of counselling skills in a professional or personal capacity. This is an Introductory level course.
The course will help people understand what we mean by counseling skills. It will explore active listening, self awareness and boundaries. There will be the opportunity to practice skills and to consider how the use of counselling skills can enhance our responses to challenging behavior, loss and anger.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- understood what is meant by listening skills
- explored personal attitudes
- considered the importance of boundaries
- practised listening in small group
- understood how counselling skills can support people who are experiencing loss or anger
Students may choose to go on to the COSCA course at College if they have found this taster interesting. The session will give students a stronger understanding of Counselling as a career if they choose to study further in this area.
Training delivered by: Pamela Martin & Stevie McKinlay