The course will introduce participants to the key challenges to safeguarding information held digitally within your organisation. Particular attention will be given to managing confidential information, best practice for creating and protecting passwords, keeping security software up to date, encrypting data held on mobile devices, backing up data to ensure business continuity. The course will also look at some of the current cyber scams devised to collect your data.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
- anyone who wants to learn more about staying safe online
- particularly people working in voluntary roles within the community
By the end of the session participants will:
- be able to identify and install free anti-virus protection
- create secure password for their accounts
- know how to back up their data effectively
- encrypt data on to a removable device
- stay up to date regarding cyber scam