Actions and Detail Panel
An Introduction to GIRFEC and Curriculum for Excellence for Youth Workers
Tue 21 February 2017, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT
This session will provide an introduction to the Curriculum for Excellence and Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC) policies for a Youth Work context. Scottish Government makes it clear that its aspirations for Scotland’s young people to develop as successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens are not just for schools; youth work has a powerful part to play.
This training session introduces Curriculum for Excellence to learning providers, including youth workers, before having an in-depth look at the Experiences and Outcomes that all children and young people should achieve, regardless of the setting. Delegates will leave with a practical tool to support them to identify Experiences and Outcomes most relevant to youth work.
Who should attend?
- Learning providers interested in developing their engagement with Curriculum for Excellence and Getting It Right For Every Child
- Develop your understanding of Curriculum for Excellence and how your work relates to it
- To understand the Curriculum for Excellence Experiences and Outcomes and to be able to describe your own work in terms of them
- To discover how non-formal learning awards can demonstrate achievement of Experiences and Outcomes
- Develop your understanding of GIRFEC and how your work relates to it
Please note that this event is free to attend but a £25 nonattendance fee will be charged if notification of nonattendance is not given within 5 working days.