Actions and Detail Panel
An Introduction to Legal Highs
Tue 24 January 2017, 18:30 – 21:00 GMT
The course will introduce participants to the history of N.P.S and the rise of their use within our society. Further consideration will be given to the range and the effects of the N.P.S available within our communities.
The course will also cover the manufacturing and marketing of N.P.S, concentrating on the complexities related to the legislation that governs these products. Finally the course will look at harm reduction techniques and where to find accurate information about N.P.S.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
- anyone who wants to learn more about legal highs (new psychoactive substances (N.P.S)).
- particularly people working with young or vulnerable adults
- parent who are concerned about their children experimenting with legal highs
By the end of the session participants will:
- understand the range of N.P.S substances and their effects
- know more about the rise of N.P.S in our society
- understand the link between the legislation that governs N.P.S and the manufacturing/marketing cycle
- know more about harm reduction
- know how to stay up to date with all the latest N.P.S developments