San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Deepen your understanding of bereavement and your skills in bereavement support for parents and children facing loss.
- gain a deeper understanding of loss, grief and bereavement
- gain insight from listening to grieving families’ needs
- appreciate the importance of self-awareness in supporting others
- relate theories of loss to our own and others’ experiences
- identify approaches for telephone, individual and group support
- gain an understanding of the importance of endings and what needs to be considered when ending the supportive relationship
- recognise the importance of looking after ourselves and and identify ways of supporting ourselves
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
An introductory workshop suitable for individuals from all professions who would like to develop their knowledge and skills in bereavement.
Save This Event
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is recognised as the UK's leading provider of training for professionals working with bereaved families across the UK.
We support families and educate professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
Currently the charity trains around 8,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website and family bereavement support in locations around the UK.