An Introduction to Primary Authority:
Essential Skills for Regulators
Aimed at local authority regulators in trading standards, environmental health, private sector housing, petroleum and licensing.
- Provides a better understanding of the legal framework of the scheme.
- The statutory framework and key aspects of the scheme.
- The role of a Primary Authority in supporting improved regulation.
- Operating as an enforcing officer within the scheme - how do Inspection Plans and Primary Authority advice impact on your relationship with a business?
- Preparing to offer Primary Authority and making decisions on how you will operate the scheme - examples of cost recovery models in use.
- Good practice examples of how Primary Authorities are improving local regulation of business, delivering prosperity and protection.
- Legislative change - widened scope and eligibility, strengthening inspection plans.
RD is currently providing this course free of charge to local authority delegates. Where delegates book a place but fail to attend the course without reasonable notice, RD will consider making a charge of £99 per delegate to cover its costs.
Please note that tea and coffee will be available from 9:30am.