Actions and Detail Panel
An Introduction to Primary Authority - London
Tue 18 October 2016, 10:00 – 15:00 BST
An Introduction to Primary Authority:
Essential Skills for Regulators
Aimed at local authority regulators in trading standards, environmental health, private sector housing, petroleum and licensing.
- Provides a better understanding of the legal framework of the scheme.
- The statutory framework and key aspects of the scheme.
- The role of a Primary Authority in supporting improved regulation.
- Operating as an enforcing officer within the scheme - how do Inspection Plans and Primary Authority advice impact on your relationship with a business?
- Preparing to offer Primary Authority and making decisions on how you will operate the scheme - examples of cost recovery models in use.
- Good practice examples of how Primary Authorities are improving local regulation of business, delivering prosperity and protection.
- Legislative change - widened scope and eligibility, strengthening inspection plans.
Please note that tea and coffee will be available from 9:30am.