Anglian Water - Helping SMEs Bring Ideas to Market
Delivered in partnership between the Water Industry Forum, Water Innovation Network and sponsored by Allia this seminar will to help Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) that are interested in finding out more about the grants, loans and finance available to support the development and commercialisation of new water technology.
The event will open with a keynote address from Dale Evans, Director at Anglian Water’s @One Alliance - a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme. You will then hear about different funding opportunities available from a number of different experts together with case studies to illustrate how some have been used in practice.
The first sessions will comprise presentations on the following topics:-
- Anglian Water @one Alliance - Aims and aspirations around innovation and new product development
- UK Public Funding - Funding available to accelerate economic growth by stimulating and supporting business-led innovation using a wide range of different mechanisms.
- European Funding - Public funding schemes, from local and national sources through to the European Commission’s Framework Programme for R&D and now Horizon 2020.
- Private Finance - Bringing together financial backing of institutional investors to facilitate and accelerate technology development in line with the market's needs
- Early Stage Investment - Investments for start-up or early-stage companies seeking investment funding in the water and energy sectors.
- Guidance & Advice for Growth - Identifying new ways to source and pitch for investment, helping businesses expand, move into new markets and explore new products and services.
- Commercialising Innovation & Intellectual Property – Overview of intellectual property rights including patents, copyright, industrial design rights, trademarks, routes to market commercialisation and R&D tax.
There will then be an opportunity to network and discuss business ideas with the experts over a networking lunch.
The final session will be an open advice surgery session, where SME’s will be able to book 10-15 minute slots with the selected experts for more in-depth discussions.