Actions and Detail Panel
Anicca SEO Training Boot Camp
Mon, 18 Sep 2017, 09:30 – Fri, 22 Sep 2017, 17:00 BST
This intensive search engine optimisation training course includes on-page and off-page optimisation, content marketing, use of social for search, link earning techniques, technical SEO, Analytics and other SEO tools. Anicca’s courses are offered in flexible formats depending on your level of knowledge. Most people register for 5 days, however you can also choose to attend whichever days suit your requirements or book for our extensive 10 day course. We are now running our SEO Training Boot Camps every three months at our central Leicester office.
What to expect
Sessions are both presentation-based (in the morning) and practical (each afternoon). Ideally, we would require you to bring your own laptop to ensure full participation. The agenda is as follows:
Day 1 – An Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation
- Day one offers an introduction to Search Engine Optimisation with primary focus on achieving greater levels of organic visibility on Google. Attendees will learn the basics of how search engines work, be introduced to key elements of Google's algorithms and their impact on seo.
- We will also introduce people to the diverse range of search results pages shown by Google and how the changing way Google displays search results can impact visibility or offer opportunities for gaining greater visibility to their target audience.
- The final part of the day will be to introduce some key tools that will be utilised during the week and some guidance on how to stay on top of the ever changing developments in SEO.
Day 2 – Technical SEO – Bridging the gap between SEO and Web Development
- Attendees will be introduced to concept of technical SEO and its place within the overall SEO campaign structure. They will understand the significance of technical SEO and the impact this can have on organic visibility.
- We will ensure attendees understand the basic elements of technical SEO, common issues and how each can be resolved in order to improve crawl and index efficiency. They may also be able to implement some of these solutions based on individual levels of experience.
- Technical SEO tools will also be demonstrated and used in practical sessions. Attendees can expect to understand how to use the data gathered from these to inform any website or campaign changes needed.
- Attendees will also gain an understanding of the most common SEO plugins used for websites built on common platforms such as WordPress and Magento.
- Attendees will finish the day having conducted a Technical SEO Audit on their own website with clear actions that can be used to ensure their website is technically sound.
Day 3 – On-Page SEO and Keyphrase research
- Day three will focus on how attendees can practically apply keyphrase research to their SEO campaigns. Attendees will leave the day understanding how keyphrases play a role in gaining visibility for web pages and additional content.
- Looking at how competitors leverage keyphrases within content will also be one of the aims of the day with the view to being able to utilise this analysis to help inform and improve attendee’s SEO campaigns.
- The skills developed will enable attendees to walk away having begun to construct a fully optimised page using the tools and practices learned throughout the day.
Day 4 – Content Marketing and Distribution
- Day 4 will offer an introduction to Content Marketing techniques. It will offer a practical guide to best practice in Content Marketing, including creating a marketing strategy, a content activity plan and how to maximise the opportunities for distributing your content.
- The day will deal with the planning, co-ordination of a content campaign, from set up, measurement, timing and budgeting. The course includes examples of great content creation, plus introduces some of the available channels for content distribution, including blogs, paid content distribution and social media.
Day 5 – Links and Influencer Marketing
- Day 5 will offer an introduction on how to audit, then build a website's link profile in an ethical manner so as not to fall foul of Google penalisation. Including an introduction to link based algorithms such as Google Penguin and manual action penalties, attendees will understand the importance links play as a ranking factor.
- They will also learn how to audit their backlink profile to identify potentially harmful or toxic links and what action to take to remove or Disavow these links to ensure they do not pass any negative authority or potential penalties.
- The final part of the day is spent looking at how to earn links for your website from a range of sources - partners, suppliers, influencers and media - building a target list and an activity plan to build your external links.
What is required?
- Please bring your own laptop for practical participation
- If you have Google Analytics and Google Search Console accounts set up please ensure you have the relevant login details. If you don’t have these accounts we highly recommend setting them up prior to the course
- Refreshments will be provided throughout the week
- Accommodation is not included but please ask for local hotel recommendations
- Unfortunately we can not offer free on site parking but can make local recommendations
For more information about Anicca's services, please visit www.anicca.co.uk