Once again, this annual event brings together key speakers from the heart of local business, putting emphasis on the future of manufacturing and business within our region.
Following the Brexit decision, we expect the focus of this year's manufacturing and business seminar to concentrate on the possible impact on the Sheffield city region. The seminar forms the latest in a program of annual events jointly hosted by the Manufacturing and Trade Group, sponsored by Banner Jones Solicitors, NatWest and Shorts. Held alongside Destination Chesterfield’s ‘Made in Chesterfield’ program, this event is open to all businesses owners within the local and Sheffield city region.
With initial speakers confirmed, more names are expected to be announced closer to the event. Places are offered free of charge and early booking is always recommended.
Date: Thursday 17 November 2016
Time: Refreshments from 8:00am for 8:30am start
Start: Presentations and Q&A to close 10:00am
Location: Proact Stadium | 1866 Sheffield Road | Chesterfield | S41 8NZ
Dr Graham Honeyman CBE, Chief Executive of Sheffield Forgemasters International
Stephen Boyle, Head of RBS Economics - RBS Economics provides economic advice to business, credit and strategy functions across RBS. The team is focussed on understanding the trends in the economy and what they mean for the bank and its customers in the different markets and geographies they operate in. Educated at Glasgow and McGill Universities, Stephen first worked at RBS from 1996-2001 as Head of Business Economics. He returned to RBS in 2006, having established Futureskills Scotland - the Scottish government's labour market analysis unit - and led the economics and evaluation function of Scottish Enterprise. He has also worked in universities and was director of an economic consulting business.
More speaker information to follow.
Representatives from the following organisations will be exhibiting and will be available to speak to before and after the event:
- UK Steel Enterprises
- Derby University/Institute for Innovation and Sustainable engineering
- Sheffield University/Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre
- Chesterfield College/Learning Unlimited
- East Midlands Chamber of Commerce
- Sheffield City Region Growth Hub
- Destination Chesterfield
- Chesterfield Borough Council Economic Dept
- Ashgate Hospice
- NatWest/Lombard Asset Finance
- Banner Jones Solicitors
- Shorts Chartered Accountants
Feedback from previous events:
- "Great blend of speakers. Economic view very useful"
- "Top quality, informative speakers"
- "A good event with expertise that was delivered in a understandable way"
- “Great event”
- “Interesting and worthwhile”
- “Extremely interesting presentation – very relevant”
As spaces are limited and these events are always well attended we would respectfully request that bank representatives and professionals in practice do not book places at this event.