THE FUNDAMENTALS OF ANYLOGIC 7.3 TRAINING COURSE
3 days of practical problem solving and simulation modelling
Our redesigned, practical training course, encourages you to exercise your new skills in selecting, structuring, building and uniting systems dynamics, discrete event and agent-based simulation modelling in AnyLogic 7.3
New to AnyLogic?
Fast-track your simulation learning with our user-friendly training packed with demos, real-life case studies and hands-on practical exercises.
Experienced Simulation Modeller?
Learn to exploit exciting new features to take your modelling to the next level with powerful drag and drop libraries, 3D visuals and vastly improved capabilites of AL7.3
Course leader Ben Schumann and expert practitioner and Stuart Rossiter, of dse Consulting will be on hand throughout to review and offer advice on how to improve your own models.
How to claim FREE Training:
Learn to fully exploit AnyLogic’s unique approach to simulation FREE when your training is bundled with your purchase of AnyLogic Professional license. Alternatively, have your fee refunded when you purchase AnyLogic Professional up to 30 days after attending this course.
What you will Learn
You will be guided through:
- Structuring a simulation problem
- Selecting the appropriate modelling paradigm
- Building models in each paradigm
- Combining your models into a larger hybrid, this includes building models in 3D, using special wizards and our extensive drag & drop library.
What else you can expect
Throughout the course you will benefit from:
- Practical exercises and deomonstrations
- User friendly explanations and commentary
- Tips on solving your modelling challenges
- Workshop participants will be exposed to a wide range of relevant case studies and will have an opportunity to discuss their own modelling projects with an internationally recognised expert. Be prepared to share your specific simulation needs with your instructor- bringing your own models is encouraged.
The course will be conducted utilising AnyLogic 7.3 This latest version of the software has significant advancement over the previous version including
- Definitive multi-method environment with complete integration of agents and entities
- enhanced support for multimethod modeling
- decreased need for coding
- New library for process modelling, with “push” and “pull” capabilities, and graphical creation of entity characteristics
- The new GIS capabilites
- New build-in database for easier input and output of data
- New fluids library for easy modelling of any fluid (oil, pipelines, etc).
Benjamin Schumann, Senior Modeller at decisionLab
Benjamin has many years of experience in AnyLogic and is an expert on agent- based modelling techniques and is considered an authority in digital maps (i.e GIS). AnyLogic was the foundation for his PhD in Aerospace Engineering, and throughout his career as a Consultant he has used AnyLogic in many application areas such as Healthcare, Supply Chain, Aerospace and Defense models, mixing agent-based, processed-based and system-dynamics approaches. His training style focuses on practical examples and engaging interactions to support fast learning.
Day by Day Course Content
- Introduction to multi-method simulation modelling- theory and demo
- Getting familiar with AnyLogic model development environment- demo
- Discrete Event (Process- Centric) modelling- theory
- Factory model- Discrete Event exercise
- System Dynamics- theory
- Bass Diffusion model- System Dynamics exercise
- Agent Based modelling- theory
- SIR Model. Calibration
- Java basics for AnyLogic modellers- theory
- Windmill turbines maintenance model. Optimization
- Supply Chain GIS model- exercise
- Pedestrian modelling- overview
- Small airport modelling- theory
- Self-paced model building (choose a step-by-step model from DE, ABM, SD, pedestrian or rail library, or build your own).
- 1-to-1 tutoring sessions to discuss your specific problems.
The course fee includes:
- Trial versions of the software
- 250 page manual and worked samples
- One-to-one time with course instructor to discuss your specific projects
- Morning and afternoon coffee breaks throughout the training
What you will need
Please bring with you your laptop, if you do not already have AnyLogic on your laptop, we can provide a trial version, (http://www.anylogic.com/downloads) we also recommend you bring a mouse, although some programming or modelling experience would be helpful, it is not essential. However, you may benefit from familiarising yourself with the AnyLogic GUI and maybe follow some simple model building exercises.
Feel free to get in touch for advice relevent to your skill level.
What you need to know about AnyLogic
AnyLogic’s graphical interface, tools, and library objects allow you to quickly model diverse areas for example manufacturing and logistics, business processes, human resources, consumer or patient behaviour. AnyLogic’s object-oriented design enables the modular, hierarchical, and incremental construction of large models. Compatible With Your OS AnyLogic & is based on the innovative and flexible Eclipse framework this means that AnyLogic runs on all popular operating systems(Windows, Mac and Linux) with the same native look and feel.