Actions and Detail Panel
Application of R in Statistics TCH - CTR 5002
This is an ONS internal course
This one day classroom based course will use R to clean, sort and analyse data. This is a computer based session for the application of R.
Pre-requisite: Intro to Coding in R
Knowledge of R Tools including
- Loading additional libraries
- Working with data frames
- Understanding basic statistical functions (e.g. mean, max, min, std, median and summary)
- Boolean operators (==, !=, <, >, &, |, !)
- Some knowledge of graphics (one of base graphics, lattice or ggplot)
- Reading and writing plain text data (e.g. csv files)
Some statistical knowledge and knowledge of statistical concepts is also essential.
This includes awareness of
- Linear Regression Models,
- Analysis of Variance
- Hypothesis testing
- Knowledge of why you might want to do machine learning
Formal mathematical training (this includes things like A level psychology and sociology where you need to build statistical models) is a must for this course.