As a staff appraiser you have additional responsibilities in supporting colleagues who may be experiencing difficulties and in making recommendations for pay progression for all teachers on all pay ranges. If you are conducting appraisal and are looking to build your skills around holding staff to account, this interactive course provides you with the chance to practise your skills and gain confidence in handling difficult conversations effectively and objectively.
During this course his course you will:
- consider how through appraisal you may need to lead a difficult conversation with an appraisee
- consider approaches to building positive working relationships and holding appraises to account
- clarify the importance of making expectations explicit
- consider the importance of emotional intelligence
- consider how to develop greater assertiveness in appropriate/relevant situations
- explore how to prepare for the difficult conversation
- practise in a supportive group how to hold a difficult conversation
- evaluate your current level of expertise, analyse your strengths and areas for further development
- produce an action plan
Course facilitator: Dr Chris Greenland
Members of NAHT can enjoy our courses and conferences at a subsidised rate so join here today and start enjoying the benefits of membership.
Please note that the start time shown allows for registration and refreshments, the course programme will be sent to each delegate via the email supplied with the final information.
Please do not book travel or accomodation without checking with the Professional Development team on email@example.com that the course will be going ahead.
The NAHT has the right to cancel the course if insufficient bookings are received.
By booking a place you are accepting NAHT's terms and conditions.
Do I need my membership number to book?
Yes. If you are booking a member place you will be required to enter the correct membership number. You can find your membership number by phoning membership on 0300 3030333 option 2.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Professional Development team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01444 472405.
Is my booking transferrable?
Bookings may only be transferred at the discretion of the Professional Development team. These will need to be made in writing to email@example.com before the event. Transfers and cancellations may be subject to a charge.
Within 20 working days - 25% charge
Within 10 working days - 50% charge
Within 5 working days - 75% charge
Within 2 working days - 100% charge
Can I update my registration information?
Any updates to your booking must be made in writing to the Professional Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does the name on the booking need to match the attendee?
The names of each individual attendee must be entered during the booking process along with a unique email address for each attendee as this will be used for the final confirmation.