Actions and Detail Panel
Appraising the Appraisal Process – ‘Could do better’ - London West End
Thu 18 May 2017, 08:30 – 11:00 BST
However you look at it, how we currently appraise and measure people is broken; few look forward to the event; few gain from it and research shows that those who come out as being the company’s best performers are (in 66% of cases) not actually the best. As one guru has stated appraisals are an “expensive and complex way of making people feel unhappy.”
Yet measuring our people feels right, we are measured from an early age and so expect to have that continue when we move into business. Our staff want feedback and want to improve; business has a vested interest in making this happen and yet all too often the current process singularly fails to deliver. How can we square this circle?
This seminar will consider all of this, looking at:
- The historical context – quite how did we end up where we are?
- Why the current system fails
- What are we actually trying to achieve?
- A plan, with simple defined steps on what you can tangibly do to make it better.
By the end of the session, we will show how performance management can increase engagement in your workforce (by up to 40%) and how you can turn a stodgy, annual process into your competitive advantage.
This insightful seminar is led by Russell Beck, Impellam Group's Head of Consulting.
Feedback from previous attendees has stated:
- “I have attended two seminars delivered and presented by Russell and found them both to realistic and up to date with the challenges faced today with managing, recruiting and retaining people. The content is clear, delivery is excellent and the forum is targeted at the right audience who can share ideas and experiences. Well worth the time to listen to these topics”
- “First class seminar. Speaker, subject, content, first class. In fact I have been to many of these and this ranks top 3 I have been to in the last 10 years.”
- “Russell as always provides interesting information, ideas to take away and put into practise. He is an interesting and engaging presenter. Always enjoy listening to him.”
- “Russell is an exceptional speaker and the topics he presents are well chosen ie current and relevant. I really can not suggest or provide additional ideas as what he presents is perfect and after leaving the event always feel motivated.”
Refreshments will be available from 08:30. The seminar will start at 09:00 and finish around 10:30 which includes time for networking and a Q&A session.
If you're experiencing any issues registering, please get in contact via mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org