Actions and Detail Panel
Appreciative Inquiry Foundations - Lincoln 2017
Mon, 11 Sep 2017, 09:00 – Fri, 15 Sep 2017, 12:30 BST
APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY FOUNDATIONS
This LIMITED ENROLLMENT workshop is designed for managers, human resource professionals, organisational and community facilitators, from corporate, governmental and charitable, not-for-profit organisations. - anyone who wants to get a solid grounding in the theory and practice of Appreciative Inquiry.
Developed over the past two decades, this workshop uses an experience-based model that prepares consultants to work with AI in client systems and prepares leaders and managers to use AI for working with organisation and community change.
Rather than just another technique, AI is presented as a radically innovative approach to facilitating change. Illustrations of this constructive approach to organisation transformation will be drawn from work with small and large corporations, with communities, and with international organisations addressing global issues of trans-boundary concern.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This in-depth workshop will cover both the theory and practice of Appreciative Inquiry. Special attention will be given to the power of positive questions; the simultaneity of inquiry and change; the function of narrative and metaphor in human systems transformation; how to deal with spiralling vocabularies of human deficit, how to create alignment across functional, generational, cultural and technical boundaries; and how to build global organising capacity to meet the challenges of the next millennium. In addition to becoming familiar with tools for applying AI in organisations and other human systems, workshop participants will:
- Receive support in actually practising appreciative topic identification, question construction, interviewing skills, grounded visioning, translating the vision into innovative processes, practices, roles and structures and implementing for sustainability
- Work through case examples of actual Appreciative Inquiry consulting projects that are brought by other participants
- Become familiar with the multi-disciplinary principles, research and theory base of AI
- Develop their ability to apply the AI framework to a variety of interventions such as: Strategic Planning, Internal Auditing, Organisational Redesign, Mergers, Teambuilding, Programme Formulation and Evaluation, and Diversity.
- Learn how to introduce this strikingly different approach in ways congruent with AI philosophy.
WORKSHOP DETAILS (Registration, Travel and Hotels)
START AND STOP TIMES:
The workshop lasts four and a half days.- Monday through Friday
The schedule is as follows:
- Registration on Monday. 8:30 – 9:00 am
- First session starts, Monday 9:00 am
- Tuesday – Thursday 9:00am - 5:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Dress is casual and comfortable
LOCATION AND TRAVEL: The workshop will be held at the Lincoln Hotel (www.thelincolnhotel.com), which stands at the heart of the medieval city of Lincoln, facing the ancient cathedral.
Lincoln is reachable by train (about 2 hours from London) from throughout the UK, by road, and by air at Humberside International Airport. For those flying from abroad, KLM flies directly from Amsterdam to Humberside international airport. Upon receiving your registration, we will provide further travel details if required.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS/ROOM & BOARD: We have made an arrangement with the Lincoln Hotel at rate of £80,- per night for a single room incl. breakfast. Double occupancy is £85,-. You will be responsible for your own booking.
The contact details of the Lincoln Hotel are Tel: (44) 01522 520 348 and fax: (44) 01522 510 780. You may wish to find alternative accommodation and we recommend that you look for a place that is close to the cathedral in Lincoln. We can also provide you with a list of Bed and Breakfast places that participants in previous workshops have recommended.
REGISTRATION AND FEE:
The course fee includes materials, including a copy of Jane Watkins’ book, “Appreciative Inquiry, Change at the Speed of Imagination”, lunch every day and all coffee/tea breaks.
Prices start at £1000 and climb up to £1600. There are only a couple of places in each price bracket. Once the allocated places for each price level have been booked, the opportunity is gone and the price will go up to the next level. This is an automated system, so make sure you sign up as soon as you can.