Appreciative Inquiry is a theory and practice well suited to today’s fast-paced, multicultural, and communications-centric work environment. Achieving personal and organizational success is a strength learned from positive and effective interactions with others – as well as from a clear understanding of how groups form and evolve. Learn how to enhance your interactions by gaining a clear and practical understanding of how groups form, work together and evolve as well as how to gain the skills for working with different communication styles from an AI perspective to increase your personal and professional effectiveness. Developing a deep understanding of AI and applying AI principles real time in daily interactions during this intensive workshop gives you the foundation for personal and professional success.
Participating in this program:
- Gives you a solid foundation for understanding the theory and processes of group development
- Increases your personal and group effectiveness in a diverse, multicultural environment
- Generates the capacity to give and receive feedback in a supportive and generative way
- Improves your ability to understand your own strengths and those of others
- Enables you, as a group member, to heighten your awareness of the impact of your behaviour and patterns of response within the group and to experiment with new behaviour if desired
- Generates a deeper understanding of group development and group dynamics through a social constructionist perspective
The course opens new channels of communication and personal insight by identifying and building on your strengths.
NOTE: This course is open to persons who have taken part in the AI Foundations course or similar 5 day AI training.
Dates: 15 – 21 October 2016.
START AND STOP TIMES:
The workshop lasts six days starting Saturday afternoon and ending Friday at lunchtime.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL:
The workshop is held at an old converted Benedictine monastery; Agriturismo Giulia di Gallese, Gallese, Italy 60 km (40 miles) north west of Rome. www.giuliadigallese.com Gallese is within easy reach of either of the two Rome airports with a direct train connection from Rome’s main airport Fiumicino to the local station.
We recommend that you arrive on Saturday in time for dinner at 19:00 hrs.
ROOM & BOARD: The workshop is residential and the rooms are large double rooms with 2 beds in each. All rooms have en-suite facilities. There are a limited number of single rooms available at an additional cost of £150,- per person.
Agriturismo Giulia di Gallese prides itself of an amazing kitchen utilising local produce and can easily cater to specific dietary needs.
The course fee includes room (on a shared basis) and full board for the 6 days of the workshop.
Mette Jacobsgaard and Wick van der Vaart