The Apprenticeship Reforms and the Levy
What does it mean for your business?
The Government’s Apprenticeship Reforms and the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy see some of the biggest changes in training and how it is funded for decades and put the employer at the heart of the skills system.
This event will provide you with an in-depth briefing on the changes and how they could impact on your business both from an opportunity and a cost perspective. You will be able to ask questions of our expert speakers and to discuss with other businesses how they are approaching the reforms.
Some of the topics that will be covered include
- The Apprenticeship Levy
- How it works
- The impact on large companies
- The opportunity that it presents to levy payers
- The future funding of apprenticeships for non-levy payers and the opportunity that it presents for smaller businesses
- The Digital Apprenticeship System – how it will work
- The new employer designed Apprenticeship Standards (Trailblazers)
- The timetable to the introduction of the Levy
- How this links in with the skills development priorities for the region
- The broader national perspective and future skills reforms
This event is brought to you by The Sheffield College, the region’s largest Further Education college, in partnership with the Sheffield Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
08.00 Breakfast and networking
08.30 Welcome & Introduction. Paul Corcoran
Chief Executive Officer - The Sheffield College
08.35 A Guide to the Apprenticeship Reforms and the Levy. Andrew Hartley
Business Development Director - The Sheffield College
08.55 The National Perspective. Marcus Mason
Head of Business, Education & Skills - British Chambers of Commerce
09.15 Questions and Panel Discussion Chair: Richard Wright
Chief Executive Officer - Sheffield Chamber of Commerce & Industry
09.45 to 10.00 Networking and Close
*Please note - on site parking is limited and must be pre-booked by emailing email@example.com. We encourage you to use public transport. We have a dedicated tram stop (Granville Road) and bus stops right outside. There is limited street parking around Granville Road or the Casino on Queens Road has pay and display parking available.