Actions and Detail Panel
Apprenticeship Reforms: The changes, choices and challenges
Mon 3 April 2017, 14:45 – 17:00 BST
Major reforms soon come into effect to the funding model for apprenticeships. From April employers with an annual wage bill of over £3 million will pay an apprenticeship levy and will access a new digital apprenticeship service to spend available funds on apprenticeship training. Levy and non-levy paying employers will be affected by the introduction of funding bands, the transition from frameworks to standards, and a range of new funding incentives.
We are running this briefing to help you make sense of the changes, to find out what the reforms mean to you.
Suzanne Rosenberg, Head of Learning & Apprenticeships, Look Ahead, a charitable housing association. Suzanne is experienced and accomplished in delivering successful apprenticeship programmes. She will speak candidly, share tips for success, and will highlight training and development opportunities that come with the new reforms.
Tracey Patmore, Apprenticeship Development Manager at Pearson Education Ltd. Insights from Pearson who provides a blend of content, curricula, assessment, training and information systems to make learning more engaging and effective. Technology underpins everything they do, from the latest resources for personalised learning to data analysis tools to measure progress and aid teaching.
Agenda items include:
- overview of the apprenticeship levy - what you really need to know to make it work for you
- summary of the changes to apprenticeship pathways - funding bands and the transition from frameworks to standards
- Getting the most out of your training provider
- Changes to funding incentives for delivering training to 16-18s and for employers with fewer than 50 employees
- The views of apprentices - hear their stories
- The outlook for Hospitality & Culinary Arts training and apprenticeships
- Break-out group discussions on subject areas of particular interest to you
- Opportunities for one-to-one discussions with specialist training professionals
The event takes place at The Vincent Rooms in the beautiful surroundings of Vincent Square in London’s SW1, home to one of the country's finest schools of Hospitality and Culinary Arts.
2.45 to 3.15pm Registration, refreshments and networking