The Government has announced new proposals for funding apprenticeships from May 2017, which would introduce new arrangements for employers of all sizes. A key component of the new proposals is the Apprenticeship Levy, which will be payable by employers with a wage bill in excess of £3 million. Smaller businesses could be set to benefit from funding of at least 90%.
Given the scope and wide-ranging potential impact of the changes, and the opportunities they will present for businesses, Manchester Met are delighted to be able to invite you top this funding briefing event where employers of any size will benefit from:
- Key information about the new funding proposals
- The Apprenticehip Levy, who it will effect and what you need to do.
- What other organisations are doing to prepare in advance of the new funding rules
- The opportunities the levy will bring to your business
- How Degree and Higher Apprenticeships at MMU can help you to make the most of the new arrangements
4.30pm – Registration and Refreshments
5.00pm – Welcome to Manchester Metropolitan University
5.15pm – Presentation from Stephen North, Policy Lead for Higher and Degree Apprenticeships, Department for Education
5.45pm – Implications of the new funding proposals - Manchester Met, Liz Gorb - Director of Apprenticeships, Jonathan Lawson - Apprenticeship Development Lead
6.15pm – Q&A Panel, Chair - Jonathan Lawson
In the mean-time, if you would like to hear more about apprenticeships at Manchester Met, please contact us: