*** IMPORTANT ***
On the booking form that will appear after you select Quantity and press Register, you have spaces for BUYER information and ATTENDEE information. Please put the Parent/Guardian as Buyer and the Child's details as Attendee.
New for this year is our Archery Day Camp, a special day where we give you the chance to come along and see our regular club members in action, but also to join in and get some basic archery coaching, whatever your age.
For the kids, we keep it basic, short distance targets of various types, mixed in with activities to break up the day (such as Make Your Own Target) - for adults, well, you can do some crafts if you want, or just leave your kids to us while you go shoot with the adults!
The day will be split into two lots of shooting, 10am-12pm, and 1pm-3pm, with the hour break to allow you to sit and eat your included 'snack' lunch (selection of drinks, fruit, crisps, chocolate etc) and still allow the kids some time to go have a play in the field and burn off a bit of energy ready for the second session of archery.
We'll have our full compliment of qualified and DBS checked staff on hand, as well as some of our volunteers and archery-parents to ensure your kids have an eye on them at all times, keeping them safe.
Don't go thinking this is just for Kids though... you can drop them off and pick them up later if you wish (freedom for the day!) but why not book in yourself and spend some time getting basic archery instruction with our club members? We might just spark a whole new hobby for you, that you and your child can then do together.
Our sessions are open to those aged 7 and above - though please be aware that not all kids will be physically able to take part well in archery, and we do reserve the right to advise parents of this on an individual basis should we deem it unwise or unsafe for that child to continue to participate.
All bows, arrows and safety equipment is supplied, so your child needs to do no more than simply come along on the day, of course bringing any additional packed lunch you might wish your child to have.
Shoes suitable for outdoor play will be needed, and clothing should be chosen to allow your child some flexibility depending on the weather.
If your child has any notable medical conditions or disabilities, please make us aware. They are rarely an issue if we know in advance.
Should your child not follow the instructions given to them during their sessions, and be deemed disruptive or to be creating a safety issue, we reserve the right to terminate their participation in that and/or future sessions, and no refunds can be issued.
Once your child has started archery camp, should they then decide to stop and you have to collect them before the end, no refunds are available.
--- Quick answers to common questions! ---
• You don’t need to bring ANY special equipment or clothing for your child, all archery kit is provided. But, if your child has long hair, ensure they have a means to tie it back in a pony tail. We would advise that they have something with long sleeves with them, just in case.
• The day will finish promptly at 3pm. Please ensure you are at the gates to collect your child.
• Without the use of the field, it won't be much of a day, so in the event of bad weather, last minute cancellations are possible. In that case, all money will be refunded, and you will be contacted to ensure you are aware.
• Your child will be taught by experienced, insured and qualified archers.
• They are REAL weapons, not toys - yes, it’s safe!
• No discounts for multiple bookings.
• Please note: This day is NOT intended to replace a standard/longer beginners course, but to give everyone a fun and relaxed taste of archery, so you can see if they are interested in taking it further.
When & Where
Experience archery in a relaxed, fun environment with Blackburn Archery.
Our qualified staff have spent years bringing archery to all ages and abilities. We run events where we provide all the archery equipment (bows, arrows, targets, safety equipment) as well as experienced and qualified supervision & teaching.
Be it Birthday Parties, 2-hour Archery Taster Sessions or Private Coaching, Blackburn Archery has something for you.