Calling all budding architects! Explore the art of architectural drawing and be inspired by some of London’s most magnificent buildings.
Over six sessions, students will master a range of drawing skills and will study some of London’s architecturally fascinating buildings on location. The course is suited for 15-18 year old students studying art and design and can provide a strong foundation for those who wish to pursue architecture in Higher Education.
By the end of the course students will have:
- Used a variety of scales and media
- Discovered how different techniques fire different approaches
- Worked from townscapes and panoramic views
- Studied interiors
- Expanded their knowledge of drawing materials
- Learnt the techniques of architectural detailing
- Gained a fascinating insight into the development of London’s built environment
The course is led by expert architect, draftsman and architecture lecturer Benedict O'Looney (M.Arch RIBA). Benedict runs a practice closely involved with the regeneration of Peckham Town centre. Prior to this he was an architect working with two of the UK’s most renowned architects - Nicholas Grimshaw and Will Alsop. He is a former president of the London Sketch Club, and the chair of Southwark's Conservation Areas Advisory group.
All Saturdays, 11-3:30pm
- Saturday 15 October 2016
- Saturday 19 November 2016
- Saturday 17 December 2016
- Saturday 21 January 2017
- Saturday 18 February 2017
- Saturday 18 March 2017
Students are welcome to join us in October (for 6 sessions) or November (for 5 sessions).
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7440 4247.
Students are kindly asked to provide their own food and drink for each session. Please note that refunds will not be given for any missed sessions or if students decide to leave the course early.