Get Started With Arduino at Leigh Hackspace on Saturday 15 October, 10 AM - 4 PM!
Arduinos are small, cheap microcontroller boards that can make electronics super easy, productive, creative and fun.
Are you curious to learn more about Arduino's many uses? Leigh Hackspace's one day workshop is the best place to start for engineers, artists, tinkerers and budding entrepreneurs alike. Anyone with an active interest in making “new hardware” with the capability of linking the digital and physical world can learn everything you need to know to apply this amazing open source prototyping tool to an endless list of possibilities!
COURSE INCLUDES A FREE ARDUINO-COMPATIBLE CIRCUIT BOARD, PROTOTYPING BOARD, WIRES, RESISTORS, LEDs AND ALL YOU NEED TO CONTINUE ARDUINO-HACKING AT HOME!
What you will get:
- 6 hours of expert tuition, guidance and advice from Arduino experts
- Arduino Nano compatible board
- 'Breadboard' prototyping board
- jumper wires, resistors, LEDs and switches for you to start learning Arduino
- A free, healthy, and tasty lunch!
- As much locally-roasted Tank Coffee as you can drink!
For some examples of what even a non-programmer can build using Arduinos, there are some great examples here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Projects/
For Beginner Arduino Hackers: On hand will be our resident Arduino and electronics experts to guide you through the whole process, even if you have NEVER EVEN SEEN an Arduino before. We will get you up and running and show you how to learn more:
- How to initially set up the Arduino for working on
- Installing the Arduino IDE software to let you program it
- Your first steps in programming the Arduino
- Adding more functions - like adding another LED and making it automagically blink!!
- Reading input - button presses, switches etc
- Reading analogue input - thermistors, light levels and other 'continuously variable' inputs
- Using libraries to make life easier and reduce how much code YOU need to write
For the Intermediate/Advanced Arduino Hacker: If you are already familiar with Arduinos but are looking to level up your skills, we will also be teaching the following:
- Adding WiFi to your Arduino projects
- Working with LED and OLED Displays
- Serial-Parallel Interfaces and SD Card
- I2C (Integrated Integrated Circuits)
- Motor Control
- Timers and Delays, Real-time Clocks
- True Random Numbers
- Using NodeRED and Firmata
We will also have further Arduino accessories for sale on the day at Hackspace. (We now accept card payments too!)