ARM Mali Media Sub-System in Android (Europe and USA)
Thursday, 28 September 2017 from 16:00 to 19:00 (BST)
This live WebEx delivered course provides a technical introduction to the Mali media subsystem and their use with Android. As well as hearing first hand from the engineer, you will also have the opportunity to ask questions to gain further specific knowledge on the subject.
Systems engineers who are involved in product development
During this course we will cover the following topics:
- An overview of the Android Operating System (AOSP) internals
- The system layout
- The boot process
- How is an App launched
- How do the 64-bit and 32-bit worlds interact and the Binder IPC
- An overview of Multimedia frameworks in the AOSP
- Hardware Composer and Surfaceflinger
- The Media framework
- AOSP Graphics HAL (GPUs, OpenGL ES and Vulkan)
- Shared memory allocation and Gralloc
- A short introduction to Mali Multimedia IP
- Multimedia applications
- Mali Display IP
- Mali Video IP
- Mali GPU IP
- ARM System IP: Interconnect, MMU and GIC
Language: This course is presented in English with slides in English.
Delivery Method: This is a live instructor led WebEx course.
By booking this training course you accept our Terms and Conditions.
Save This Event
When & Where
ARM is at the heart of the world’s most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
ARM provides training on a wide range of ARM technology topics, written and delivered by the world’s most experienced ARM technology trainers. With face-to-face and online options available, ARM Training is flexible too.