Actions and Detail Panel
Aromatherapy for Childbirth - Coventry
Fri 19 May 2017, 09:15 – 17:15 BST
Aromatherapy for Childbirth aims to:
- Provide theoretical and practical learning to enable midwives, doulas and other birth workers to knowledgably use a limited number of essential oils with clients in a variety of ways. To do so with clear guidance to ensure safe, effective application of aromatherapy within midwifery practice.
- Increase the skill base for working on the holistic level with women.
- Broaden understanding and women’s access to alternative methods of managing the experience of childbirth.
- Enable more women to enjoy positive effects of the application of essential oils, including therapeutic touch. Both of which, applied sensitively and appropriately may enhance relaxation and sense of wellbeing, encourage oxytocin release and possibly boost the potential for normality in childbirth.
Course for Midwives Student Midwives, Doulas, student Doulas Health and Maternity Care Assistants and other birth workers.
* As you sign up for this event, please email (email@example.com) a postal address to the organisers so that we can forward you your lovely, easy, gentle, fun 'course prep' * This will be sent to you 2 weeks before the event (if the booking is prior to this date).
The teaching day provides detailed theoretical knowledge of 5 essential oils. A variety of applications will be practiced and discussed including how to safely blend a mixture for massage. Health and safety, legal and ethical issues will be covered. A reference manual will be provided for each student to ensure information is clearly retained regarding all that is taught in the course.
Following the course, if the Trust you're working for supports the use of aromatherapy by trained midwives, then you may be able practice aromatherapy at work in the ways you have been taught in this course. However, this is not guaranteed as all Trusts have their own policies and some might have separate training you would need to complete. We will support you in your work to get a aromatherapy for childbirth up and running where it does not exisit.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Students must bring proof of student status.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The information below is copied from the venue (Quaker Meeting House Coventry) website:
By car - Enter the city centre at Junction 9 on the inner ring road (by Wickes and the fire station). Right at the end (mind the square blocks!) along Corporation Street (by the Belgrade Theatre) and right up Hill Street (St John’s Church on corner). The Meeting House is on the left. Private car park (12 places) but vast public car parks adjacent. The best public car park is Belgrade Plaza and is accessible from the Junction 9 roundabout. (Unless you think you might be able to get into the Meeting House car park use this as you have to go back out the way you came in to the entrance off Junction 9!). The Meeting House is a short walk from the entrance (but you might have to walk around the building work fence).
On public transport / on foot - From Pool Meadow bus station; walk along Fairfax Street, Hales St. and Corporation St and turn right into Hill Street.
From Coventry Railway station;
By bus: take an 8, 8A, 9 or 9A that run every few minutes from the station and get off at stop called 'Corporation Street -St Johns' ref 'FG' in Corporation St at the bottom of Hill Street by the church. To return take same numbers on opposite side of the road ref 'FB'. (Note these are the main buses between the station and Corporations Street but there are several others).
On Foot: . It is a 12 - 15 minute walk to the meeting house. Exit station and follow pedestrian signs to the city centre. You will cross a pelican crossing (with lights) and a zebra crossing. In a short while, turn left along Greyfriars Road (between Shortland Home and Brian Holt). Follow that road round, past IKEA, to St John's Church. Immediately after St John's Church, turn left into Hill Street The Meeting House is up Hill Street on the left just after the cobbled area marking the site of Hill Street Gate.
By Taxi - Hill Street is off Corporation Street (St John's Church - red sandstone on the corner) and we are just up from Bond's Hospital - sheltered housing for old people. Note: We are not the Unitarian's Great Meeting House on Holyhead Road.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Via the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AromatherapyforChildbirth or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org