Actions and Detail Panel
Aromatherapy for Childbirth - Liverpool
Mon 15 May 2017, 09:30 – 17:30 BST
Aromatherapy for Childbirth aims to:
- Provide theoretical and practical learning to enable midwives, doulas and other birth workers to knowledgably use a limited number of essential oils with clients in a variety of ways. To do so with clear guidance to ensure safe, effective application of aromatherapy within midwifery practice.
- Increase the skill base for working on the holistic level with women.
- Broaden understanding and women’s access to alternative methods of managing the experience of childbirth.
- Enable more women to enjoy positive effects of the application of essential oils, including therapeutic touch. Both of which, applied sensitively and appropriately may enhance relaxation and sense of wellbeing, encourage oxytocin release and possibly boost the potential for normality in childbirth.
Course for Midwives Student Midwives, Doulas, student Doulas Health and Maternity Care Assistants and other birth workers.
* As you sign up for this event, please email (email@example.com) a postal address to the organisers so that we can forward you your lovely, easy, gentle, fun 'course prep' * This will be sent to you 2 weeks before the event (if the booking is prior to this date).
The teaching day provides detailed theoretical knowledge of 5 essential oils. A variety of applications will be practiced and discussed including how to safely blend a mixture for massage. Health and safety, legal and ethical issues will be covered. A reference manual will be provided for each student to ensure information is clearly retained regarding all that is taught in the course.
Following the course, if the Trust you're working for supports the use of aromatherapy by trained midwives, then you may be able practice aromatherapy at work in the ways you have been taught in this course. However, this is not guaranteed as all Trusts have their own policies and some might have separate training you would need to complete. We will support you in your work to get a aromatherapy for childbirth up and running where it does not exisit.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Students must bring proof of student status.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The venue is based in Central Liverpool close to Liverpool Central Station, Lime Street and bus and there is a multi-story carpark nearby
The information below is taken from the venue's own website:
Parking and buses
There is no free on-street parking in the centre of Liverpool however there are numerous paid parking sites.
The Q-park multi-story car park is in Hanover Street, a five minute walk from the Meeting House. There are a number of other commercial car parks within easy walking distance.
There is but one parking space at the Quaker Meeting House which is reserved for disabled visitors who have council-issued parking permits. There is also a bicycle rack in this secure area. If you require access you must contact the manager in order to arrange admission. There is level access via a swipe-card operated door from the garage to a lift which serves all floors.
The following buses come into town along Hanover Street which runs at the top of School Lane: 75, 79, 80, 80A, 82 and 86 – confirmed by Merseytravel: 07/08/14
It would be an idea to check with ‘Merseytravel’ before you travel.
Merseytravel: 0151 227 5181
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Via the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AromatherapyforChildbirth or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org