Hands-on, practical ideas to take back to the classroom and improve Art and Design teaching and learning across your school.
- Decide on the art/design making purpose from the child's perspective, taking account of pupil voice.
- Choose starting points
- Reference suitable contemporary and/or historic artists/crafts people and designers to support ideas and activities
- Experience the creative process
- Practice skills and become aware of relevant vocabulary
- List/source the best resources and equipment for making
- Consider progression through the EYFS/primary years
- Plan and evaluate Art and Design
- Interpret the National Curriculum/EYFS Statutory Framework
- Produce Sketchbook work