San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What happens when two geneticists, two poets, a design artist and a photographer are asked to work together and create artworks at the interface of art and science? The ESRC Genomics Policy and Research Forum in Edinburgh has hosted a project inviting artists and scientists to collaboratively produce poems and pictures that aim to challenge some common notions about scientific issues and their relation to society.
Come along and hear about the process of working in a cross-disciplinary space, see some of the results of this project, and join in the discussion with Pippa Goldschmidt, Lisa Matthews and Matthias Wienroth.
When & Where
Scottish Poetry Library Events Programme
- We ask ticket buyers to pay the Eventbrite ticket booking fee, included in your ticket price if you purchase online, as otherwise the cost of selling tickets online is prohibitive for us as a charity. If you do not wish to pay the ticket fee, you are most welcome to purchase your tickets in person at the SPL reception desk any time before your event, provided it is not sold out. Tickets purchased in person will not incur a booking fee.
- If you need a carer/companion to help you access this event, they will be eligible for a free ticket to the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are unable to provide refunds for events if you cannot attend. If we have to cancel an event due to unforeseen emergencies such as extreme weather conditions, we will refund all ticket buyers for the full cost of their tickets.
- Concession tickets apply to children (under 15), students (with valid matriculation card), Young Scot card holders, Senior Citizens, Disability (Carers go free), Claimants (Jobseekers Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Housing Benefit), NHS employees (with proof of employment).
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.