San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
RIO invites you to a briefing to find out all about Artsmark and the difference it can make in your school.
The 2 hour session will focus predominantly on Artsmark but will also touch on Arts Award for those who would like to know more.
The new Artsmark was launched in Autumn 2015. Over the past year RIO has been working closely with ACE and other Bridge organisations to pilot the new Artsmark programme with 100 schools across the country.
RIO Bridge is very excited about the new Artsmark and would like to invite schools to a briefing which will outline the changes and provide an opportunity to ask any questions about the new scheme.
We believe that every child deserves to experience the arts and have based the refreshed scheme on achieving this. Its benefits include:
- Validation for schools that recognise and champion the arts in every classroom
- A national network to help build each school's expertise, with unique access to resources
- Support and challenge from arts specialists
- A streamlined application process built around a Statement of Commitment to the arts that connects to the broader curriculum
- A flexible approach that fits each school's own strategies, curriculum and planning cycles
- CPD opportunities for staff
Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications that support anyone up to 25 to grow as artists and arts leaders, inspiring them to connect with and take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form - from fashion to film making and pottery to poetry. Through Arts Award young people gain a nationally recognised qualification enabling them to progress into further education and employment. Arts Award can be based around any arts or media activity, and young people can complete it in a wide variety of settings – like youth clubs, arts centres, schools, colleges, theatres or community groups.
Arts Award can support and add value to your work with young people, whether through delivery as a Centre or by signposting young people to your current provision by becoming a Supporter.
Arts Award is...
• a great way for children and young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts
• offered at five levels, four qualifications and an introductory award
• a framework for learning new skills and sharing them
• an opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
• a link between young people and creative arts professionals
This briefing is free to attend.
When & Where
Real Ideas Organisation
RIO is a social enterprise working with people, places and communities to make real change happen.