This asbestos awareness training course is designed to help employers and employees understand the risks associated with working alongside asbestos. The course aims to provide workers with the skills needed for a successful risk assessment and explains the different control measures that can be put in place. This asbestos awareness training gives details on all the legal regulations and allows companies to comply with the COSHH 2002 regulations and the Control of Asbestos 2012 regulations.
Aims of the Asbestos Awareness Training
- To explain the factors associated with working with asbestos.
- To explain the steps to be taken to identify the risks of working with asbestos.
- To provide an understanding of the measures to eliminate or reduce risk.
- To explain the responsibilities of individuals and others.
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Working with Asbestos - What is asbestos? What is the problem? Where does asbestos exist? Ill health effects.
- The Legal Framework - The Benefits of Addressing Health and Safety; Employer Responsibilities; Employee Duties.
- Risk Assessment - What is a risk assessment? Undertaking a risk assessment; The steps to follow in undertaking a risk assessment.
- Complying with Regulations - Prevention; Hierarchy of control measures; Work exposure limits (WEL); Do I need a license? Asbestos labelling; Disposing of asbestos waste.
- Control Measures - Personal protective equipment; Monitoring and surveillance; Training and supervision; Emergency procedures.
All attendees will receive a Sova Training Certificate.
This course is brought to you by Hull CVS and SOVA
When & Where
Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS)
A registered charity, Hull CVS has been supporting the sustainable development of voluntary and community groups and promoting volunteering in Hull since 1981.
Our work is guided by the values of promoting justice, equality and improving quality of life.
Whether you are a small community-led group or a large one with paid members of staff Hull CVS is here to help you.