San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A fundamental shift in practice is required to be able to help the people of Hull to live the fullest life they can - a life not a service - in a way that is financially sustainable in the medium and long term.
With our transformation partner iMPOWER, we embarked on a programme of work to develop a future operating model for the service.
The new model seeks to improve people’s wellbeing and outcomes, preventing, reducing and delaying reliance on formal adult social care (ASC), creating a financially sustainable ASC offer, which will;
- Maximise independence supporting people to have a life and not a service
- Provide a prompt and adequate service for everyone
- Facilitate a whole community approach
- Prevent social care needs from escalating
- Provide a greater focus on prevention support people to help themselves
The full business case and future operating model has been approved at Cabinet and we are now moving forward with the new ways of working we’ve been planning for nearly a year.
I would like to invite you to come along to hear about the transformation of Adult Social Care and the future operating model, and to provide us with your views.