Actions and Detail Panel
ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training in Lincoln
Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:00 – Tue, 23 May 2017, 16:30 BST
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS INFORMATION AS A RECORD OF YOUR BOOKING TERMS
As the world’s leading suicide intervention workshop, LivingWorks’ ASIST program is supported by numerous evaluations including independent and peer-reviewed studies. ASIST participants learn to:
• Understand how personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide
• Feel confident identifying and providing suicide first-aid to persons with current thoughts of suicide in ways that meet individual safety needs
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
• Identify and make effective use of community resources, ensuring appropriate connection to other sources of support and safety
• Use mental wellbeing strategies, including life-promotion and self-care for both caregivers and persons at risk.
ASIST is suitable for anyone over 16, especially those working in Mental Health, General Practice, Housing and Homelessness, Drug and Alcohol Misuse/ addictions, Counselling, Debt and Benefits advice, Youth work, Student support, Emergency Services, Prisons, Custody and Rehabilitation, Veteran’s support, Care of the Elderly, Occupational Health and Employee Assistance, Bereavement Support, Management of Chronic ill-health and Disability, LGBT support, Victim Support…..etc
Please note that LPFT/ Public Health no longer funds free ASIST workshops in Lincolnshire. As experienced Master trainers, we have trained over 1,000 people in ASIST.
The price of £150 includes all course materials, including workbook and Certificate of Completion, as well as teas and coffees during breaks. We suggest bringing a packed lunch. Eventbrite may charge additional booking fees.
It is essential that you attend for the whole of the two days from 9am - 4.30pm in order to achieve your certificate, an important thing to be able to put on your CV! Please allow plenty of time to get to the course with the current traffic diversions and parking restrictions in central Lincoln- we recommend using public transport if at all possible.
£150 is excellent value for a 2- trainer 2 day course offering 15 hours of certificated professional development. other providers often charge £200-300 per place
ASIST training can be an emotional and demanding experience. It does require participants be open to a variety of activities conducted in a positive, supportive environment, these include:
- Discussion of individual experiences and attitudes around suicide – it is up to you what you share…
- Whole group participative simulations of suicide risk situations – contributions are voluntary…
- Pairs practice with workgroup support and feedback – participants will be able to try out the caregiver and person at risk roles.
It is important that participants recognise that ASIST training is not therapy, and the course content means that anyone with current thoughts of suicide, recent bereavement by suicide or who is struggling with mental health issues should not attend this training at this time, but should seek appropriate sources of support.
Delegates must be aged 16 years and over
Payment is in advance when booking a place. If you have any difficulty with this or require more information about the course contact Mary Anne Crook on 07795 388330, email email@example.com
Cancellation with more than 4 weeks’ notice – 10% charge
Cancellation with 1-4 weeks’ notice – 50% charge (and we will offer 50% discount on a future course if/ when available)
Less than 1 week’s notice – no refund (and we will offer 75% discount on a future course if/ when available)