Actions and Detail Panel
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) - Livewell Southwest
Wed, 8 Nov 2017, 09:30 – Thu, 9 Nov 2017, 17:00 GMT
This is an interactive course that enables participants to become more confident & able to identify risk & intervene to prevent immediate risk of suicide.
ASIST is intended as “suicide first aid” training. It is an evidence-based and cost effective intervention that can be delivered in a wide range of settings.
ASIST Training Outcomes
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Identify people who have thoughts of suicide
• Understand how beliefs and attitudes can effect suicide interventions
• Understand a person at risk’s story about suicide as well as recognise turning points that connect a person to life
• Conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person at risk safe-for-now
• Confirm the person at risk’s faith in the Safe plan and their intent to follow it through
• Practice as a registered ASIST caregiver
Who can attend?
• Individuals, carers, veterans & serving personnel, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services & education.
• Anyone aged 16 or over
• Anyone Living or working in or around the Plymouth area.
How much does ASIST Cost?
• ASIST training is subsidised and is £60 per person for the 2 day course (the course is valued by LivingWorks at £250 per person).
• 40% Discount for anyone who works for an organisation that is registered for the Workplace Wellbeing Charter CODE: WWC40
• 40% Discount if you have been trained as a Wellbeing Champion through Livewell Southwest CODE: CHAMP40
• Free to all Livewell Southwest staff and Livewell Southwest volunteers. CODE: STAFF100
We can arrange for payment via invoice.
We can also arrange bespoke courses for larger groups (12-20 people) which we can offer at a 25% discount per person.
Please contact Livewell.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss bespoke course options
If the workshop is cancelled by Livewell Southwest, you will be offered a place on a course on an alternative date. If a suitable alternative date cannot be arranged, your payment will be refunded in full.
In the event of participant’s non-attendance or a cancellation within 14 working days before the beginning of the course, the payment is non-refundable subject to our discretion.
If you have any further queries or problems please contact us on 01752 437177 or email Livewell.email@example.com