Are you applying to core or specialty training in 2016/17?
Are you a foundation doctor or clinical medical student with an interest in surgery?
This year marks the 7th anniversary of this popular FREE event that is aimed specifically at foundation doctors and senior medical students (years 4-6) considering a career in surgery.
Building on feedback from previous years and delivered by a team of enthusiastic junior and senior surgical trainees this 1-day course has been designed to impart focused, practical knowledge and advice to help delegates prepare for core surgical applications (CST), specialty training (ST1/3) and beyond.
This year’s faculty includes the current and three past-presidents of ASiT, Miss Stella Vig, Chair of the JCST Core Surgical Training committee, and a number of recent, high-achieving applicants to core and specialty training.
This course will include sessions on:
- Applications to core surgical training
- Applications to specialist neurosurgical and cardiothoracic (ST1) training
- Qualities of a surgical trainee and how to demonstrate them
- Surgical interviews and how to succeed
- Academic careers in surgery
- Doing an MD/PhD during surgical training
- The ‘F3’ year and surgical training
- Surgical research collaboratives.
For the first time, we are delighted to announce the launch of our specialised ‘portfolio clnic’.
This will give delegates specific 15-minute slots to receive personalised advice and guidance on their portfolios, in preparation for upcoming interviews. Preference will be given to 2016/17 applicants, however specific slots will be set aside for medical students.
First come, first served!
Please add a free ticket for ‘PORTFOLIO CLINIC ADD-ON’ when reserving your place for Preparing for a Career in Surgery.