Invitation to: Assert Yourself assertiveness skills workshop.
Express what you want directly and openly
Assertive people say what they want, have more control over their life, appear more credible and also demonstrate higher levels of self-confidence. Assertiveness is a behavioural skill, which can be practiced and developed through a series of easy to apply tools and techniques. During this short programme, you will test proven methods to overcome any barriers to becoming more assertive and learn ways to think, feel and behave like an assertive person. You will develop the applied skills needed to present your ideas and opinions in a way that will ensure you are heard and respected. By communicating with conviction, you will discover how to ask for what you want in a way that respects both your rights and the rights of others. You will practice ways to speak clearly, honestly and directly without wasting words - so there can never be any uncertainty about where you stand, no matter what the topic.
Focusing on achievable changes, this programme provides straightforward methods to accommodate the needs of others, make informed choices, deal with different behaviours and build long term co-operative working relationships. It underlines the effect our behaviour has on how we handle situations and how this in turn impacts on the outcomes we create. It is delivered by subject specialists from Endor Learn & Develop and includes a detailed A4 workbook for all attendees.
- Express your thoughts and feelings in a direct and open manner.
- Distinguish assertive behaviour from aggressive, abdicative and passive approaches.
- Communicate clearly and present information with authority and conviction.
- Refuse unreasonable requests and say ‘no’ without feeling guilty or anxious.
- Deliver your requests assertively and identify solutions which will benefit all parties.
- Build confidence in your own judgment and ask for support when required.
- Readily accept constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement.
- Put forward your beliefs and feel heard and respected - without upsetting those who may not agree with you.
- Acknowledge and take responsibility for your own actions and mistakes.
‘Everything on the course related well to my work situation. The BEFA model was really helpful for getting your point across. A great session which built my confidence and provided plenty of tools to apply back at work’.
Support Worker - The Forge Project
Who should attend?
Suitable for all - become more effective at making requests, decline unreasonable demands, deal with conflict, express your thoughts in a direct and open manner and improve your overall levels of assertiveness.
Registration and welcome from 09:00
Start time: 09:15
End time: 12.45
15 minute break mid-session (tea, coffee provided)
What to do next?
All you need to do is register your ticket to attend this event. These programmes are often oversubscribed, with only limited spaces available, so book now to avoid disappointment.
Please note: there is usually sufficient parking available at Normanby Gateway. A limited number of visitor spaces are marked out near to reception, with additional spaces available close to the car park entrance. Cars can also be parked along the slip-road from Lysaghts Way.
Information, Terms and Conditions:
For your convenience, Endor provide a visible and easy to apply all-inclusive, delegate rate for all our events. We absorb any additional charges including Eventbrite booking fees, processing fees and catering costs if applicable. Attendees can print VAT receipts from the order confirmation email or from the Tickets section of an account.
Any cancellation charges are calculated from when any written cancellation notice has been received and will be applied in all cases. All bookings involve administrative costs and it is difficult to fill vacant spaces as a result of any late cancellations.
- Over 2 weeks’ written cancellation notice: Full refund provided.
- 1 week cancellation notice: 50% refund.
- Less than 7 days cancellation notice: No refund is available.
Alternatively, a substitute delegate can be named at any time before the course. There will be no extra surcharge for making a substitution. No refund will be payable for non-attendance if no prior notice of cancellation is given. Any refund due, will be issued after the course.
Enjoy the programme.